Monday, June 18, 2007

Paul Potts Rocks!!!

I have a serious case of the "I don't wannas". I don't wanna study for accounting. I've managed thus far by the skin of my teeth and through some serious help from my teammates. I shudder to think about what the final exam is going to do to me. We have a total of 900 points and the final is 200 of those 900!!! Even if I have perfect marks going into the final, I still have to do reasonably well to pull an "A". Reading the damn textbook is like reading stereo instructions.

My next course is Human Resources - at least I can BS my way through it, although I worry that the team and the class will look to me as the subject matter expert as I am in HR, however, I have no idea what I'm doing - both in class and in my job! I'm not saying its rocket science, but there are complexities to it that unless you have some foundation in HR, you might be a bit lost - as am I! Especially when it comes to what I am allowed to do. I have a tertiary understanding of the US regulations just due to working in the environment, no clue about our other countries. I'm trying to put together offer packages for people in the UK and Germany...thank God for my colleagues, I just hate being the ignorant loser out of the bunch.

I met my new boss today. Yes, she is young. We had a quick "hallway" chat today and have a real meeting tomorrow. She mentioned something about my heading over to Europe soon to meet with the peeps based there...I'm kind of excited in spite of my loathing to travel as one of the places to go is Paris! Woot Woot! I've only been to the south of France, I've never been to Paris - so that will be totally fun!

Update on the underdog Paul Potts - HE WON!!! He won Britain's Got Talent!!! He gets 100,000 pounds and gets to perform for the Queen!!! Hooray for the underdog!!!

No comments: