Monday, August 06, 2007

Best Television Friends

For a fair portion of my last 6 years I have had jobs where I traveled upwards of 80% throughout the year. Anyone who has never traveled for work has this image that it is SO glamorous. Those of us that have traveled for work realize it's tedious and awful. Throughout my travel, the one constant in my life was CNN, Headline News. No matter where I was around the world, I could still manage to catch Robin Meade and Company on Headline News. They are my best television friends. Robin always makes you feel glad you are watching with her calling card: "morning sunshine".

I have been watching long enough to see friends and foes come and go from the program, however, my friendship with Ms. Meade has been constant. Now, much to my delight, she is sending out a daily newsletter and based upon her writings, I know why we are clearly best television friends! She was a pagent girl who loves peanut butter and wears black on Monday in protest of Mondays! How can you not love her?!

I love waking up to her, Bobby V the weatherman, Jennifer Westhoven the finance girl (who I do like better than the previous chic Carrie Lee who's hair annoyed me), sadly Will Selva my sports guy moved on - yet my previous sports guy Ray D'Alessio is back in his place until they find someone more permanent. Which leads me to my whine: I dislike it when they move my anchors around to other shows or when they leave the show or hell, I can't stand it when Robin is on vacation! Now Christy Paul, her stand-in, is okay, but she's no Robin Meade. I barely made the transition to Will Selva and now he's leaving. One anchor position that I have always hated every permanent anchor has been the entertainment anchor. This has completely bummed me out over the years as it's my favorite type of news. When I first started watching I had to listen to the putz Kendis Gibson who clearly thought he was too good to do entertainment reporting and has since moved on to some host job on a random HGTV show that I think was canceled. Then, I got stuck with the biggest airhead on the planet, Adrianna Costa. She couldn't do her measly 2 minute report without READING from her paperwork and mispronouncing people's names and more! Robin gave her a "Bratz" doll for Christmas this past year claiming it was because it looked just like her - I thought it was a backhanded compliment and that the name of the gift was really indicative of Adrianna's personality. Yet another reason to like Ms. Meade.

These people are my second family. Hell they have been with me longer than most relationships! I have been waking up to Robin and Company for 6 years and I am happy to say to you "morning sunshine".

No comments: