Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Momentary Lapse of Reason

As I mentioned, I am starting a new job. My current company is a little panicked about my leaving and I do feel bad about leaving my colleague in the lurch, but those are the breaks.

I signed my offer letter and mailed it back to the new company and never heard boo. So last week I start getting a little nervous...especially as I have given notice. What if the new company messed up and I can't start on the date I want? What if the new company doesn't consider it final until they do receive the signed paperwork? What if the post office lost my paperwork?!!! Uhhh!!!!!

Finally, yesterday I hear from the HR girl and she says, everything is fine. But we still haven't received your paperwork. Weird. Regardless I'm totally psyched about getting out of my current situation and into a new and probably equally crazy one. But it will be new and different crazy. One thing I'm really excited about is in spite of the fact that I love working from home - being able to roll out of bed, no shower, sweats and boot up my laptop, I miss the water cooler chatter. I miss seeing people on a daily basis and interacting. Eating lunch with people. Hell, I live alone so unless I make a point of scheduling a meal with someone, I eat alone all the time. I wonder if I actually remember any table manners?

No comments: