Monday, October 27, 2008

Know-It-All's

Every Monday I faciliate orientation for new hires. I have a very casual facilitation style. At times I almost feel like the little turtle, Squirt, from Finding Nemo (read in high pitched voice), "Okay everyone, we're going to have a great jump today"! I have to walk everyone through the plant to get to our room and they need to follow me and pay attention because we have fork-truck's speeding around everywhere.






Obviously, you get a variety of people. You've got your bored hires, barely keeping up hires, politely interested hires and then you have the know-it-all's. I love how you can have just started with a company and feel that you should be able to "reiterate" what I have just said because apparently I haven't spoken clearly enough.

So annoying. This morning I had such person, Ms. PW. Or as I will call her PeW as in stinky. She arrived LATE and made an entrance like we were clearly waiting for her to show up before we could start. She then proceeded to "reiterate" everything I said, but calling me "she". God forbid she should know my name - or bother to look at the white board where it is written.

Then, when it was over, she looked at me and said, can you show me where my office is? Uh, no. You happen to be one of hundreds of people I see on a weekly basis. I do not know where you sit in the food chain, I do not care. I have no idea where your office is, nor do I care to learn. I'm like, can't show you as I have no idea who you work for or what you do. Imagine Ms. PeW's surprise! Wha?! How can this be?

I can't stand people like Ms. PeW who believe they are better than the rest of the world and were put on it to supposedly "lead". Very similar to when I worked retail in high school and college. I worked in a jewelry store and snooty PeW's would come in and say, "I'll LET you clean my jewelry for me". You'll LET me. Thank you ever so. Please sir, may I have another? Annoying.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But now you need to make it a point to find out where she sits so you can booby trap her chair.