Thursday, January 22, 2009

Light Sleep

I never thought I was a light sleeper until I moved to my current apartment. It seems I got used to owning a home and used to not having neighbors right on the other side of the wall or "city" noises.

I know I've complained in the past about the loud banging noise in my bedroom. Yes, it still happens. I've given up trying to record it and frankly, as I've said I doubt seriously the management would do anything about it even if they could "hear it". HA!

Recently, since my world became a frozen tundra, I've heard this awful noise outside a few times a week that I thought was trash men. No idea why I thought it was the trash men other than the vehicle makes that awful back-up beep-beep noise. The other night, it was like 2am and that stupid beep-beep noise was going on and on and on - for flipping ever! I was laying there thinking we don't have that many dumpsters! So I finally got up and looked out the window...no it's not the trash men. It is the 2am snow plow patrol. They clear off the side streets...at 2am. At 2am for like a freaking hour!!!

I can handle the fire trucks and the cop cars and the occasional horn going off, but that stupid beep-beep back-up noise off and on for an hour?!!! I've tried sleeping with ear plugs in the past and frankly they hurt. I think I have small ear holes. I'm one of those weird people who can't wear the ear buds because they won't stay in...and if I try to make them, it hurts.

Somebody call the Wahmulance! Wah wah wah...so long story short, I don't recall the last time I slept through the night. Between the noise and my cats, it's not happening. I'm exhausted and spend my days at work trying not to fall asleep at my desk.

No comments: