Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm BAAACK

I'm finally home. My trip was filled with the usual stupid travel woes, however, it all ended on a high note by being upgraded to B-class on the way back from London to D.C. (I had to connect to North Carolina). There is something so civilized about flying business class. It was so pleasant. I was even in a middle seat - but who cares in business class? I actually slept most of the way home. How can you not when you can actually stretch out and prop your legs up? It was lovely.

I'm so happy to be home. There is nothing like it. Of course, I manage to get sick this weekend. I woke up Saturday sneezing my head off and went downhill pretty quickly. Thanks to some mainlining Zicam, Benedryl and Advil PM, I woke up feeling pretty good. Took a nap today - what a treat. There is nothing like getting good sleep. I'm so old. Everyone has said it: you know you are old when all you talk about is how great sleep is compared with how you used to talk about how awesome partying was.

My ankle is getting better slowly but surely. Having to walk so much in London didn't help that much. Couldn't really stay off of it. But Friday afternoon, my friend GJB, came to visit me and we went to see a play, Avenue Q. Of course, as GJB would say, we end up sitting next to the "nutter", who talked and sang the entire play. The play itself was okay. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Frankly it was a bit creepy for someone who grew up on Sesame Street - Avenue Q is muppets and people interacting in "real life". It was the muppet sex that really threw me. Creepy and icky. Scarred for life, first we find out that Snufflelupgus is real and now muppets are having sex? What's next? Bert and Ernie come out of the closet?

After the creepy play, we went and had Korean food, something I can't get in my town. It was yummy and fun. Then we must have walked the entire city. I can't get over the weather we had while I was there. Every time I've been to London it's been grey and rainy. It was beautiful sunshine and about 65 degrees. I was walking around in jeans and a sweater. There was a possibility that I was going to go back at again at the end of this month, but that's not happening. I'm happy on the one hand, on the other, GJB was going to come back down and he was going to take me outside of London for the first time to Hampton Gardens and other places. Oh well, next time.

I'm currently avoiding doing my homework. I'm sick of school. I'm hating my current class - business law - which is over this Friday. Then I get to start the exciting economics class on Saturday - you know you are jealous.

I'm so ready for a holiday. I can't wait for turkey day. My mom is coming up - should be interesting as she's bringing her dog Coco with her. My cats are not going to be happy. Hopefully there won't be any blood drawn on either side.

My techno freak neighbors home is up for sale. They've done a lot of work on it - it looks great. The sign says "coming soon" and the listing is not up on any website yet. I hope they sell it quickly and for a lot of money. I unfortunately, still have the eyesore home next door to me, once owned by the old man hoarder whose family hasn't done a damn thing about it in three years. It is ridiculous to have a home sit empty that long.

Schmoopie has done nothing but sleep since I got home. It's almost as if he didn't sleep the entire time I was away. Little Man, aka the Terrorist, has matured hence his new nickname. He's mellowed out quite a bit - makes me very happy. He still likes to play and use the house as his obstacle course, but he now occasionally joins us in the living room and hangs out and likes to cuddle a lot more. I need to take some photos of them.

So nothing new in my life. Just can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving. A lot has happened in the last couple of years. This January I will have been here 7 years and in my home for 5 years with 3 companies and 4 jobs. I never would have predicted how happy I am to be here and that I would have lived here for this long.

No comments: