Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Road Never Traveled

I often ponder about what I would do if I won the lottery. I have all these thoughts of being altrusitic - to a point - and then thinking I would travel. That it would be fun to buy one of those monster RVs and roadtrip. Who am I kidding? My Mom made it safely back home after a long 12 hour drive from my home to hers. I've driven that stretch as well and it is not fun. I remember thinking that roadtrips were fun, but in reality, they aren't. If you drive the "scenic route" you aren't going to get anywhere quickly and if you drive the interstate you aren't going to see anything at all. However, that drive between us is a bit of both the so-called scenic route and interstate and yet you still see nothing. It's a horribly long drive to do by yourself. At least Mom had her dog Coco with her - who too got tired of the road. Doing a trip like that is so not fun if you are by yourself. So, I'm going on record, if I win the lottery, no RV and no road trips. And who am I kidding, I never want to leave my house anyway, why would that change with money? I would become a full-time hermit, surrounded by a TON of stuff.

I don't like my new car Martha. She's perfectly acceptable, but I don't like her. She's boring, hence her name Martha - she's typical, she's usual, she's bland. I know I can be a bit (okay, a lot) snobby about many things, but previously I never really cared what I drove. Sure I envied the really nice cars, but I knew they were out of my league and that was okay. My first new car ever was Suzy and I got just about ever bell and whistle possible with her that goes with all the really fancy cars, yet in my price range. I know I did the right thing for my daily sanity during my commute, but I don't like my car.

Speaking of being snobby, I've decided that I only want to shop at the expensive snotty grocery store. The produce is so much better when compared to other grocerys as well as they have really amazing cheeses and deli products. Sure, I may have to skip a mortgage payment to continue to shop there, but at least I will be well fed when I lose my house and become homeless.

No comments: