Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

I know it's been quite some time since I wrote. I'm not feeling inspired or clever these days. I've been so crazy busy with work and school, I've been coming home and falling on my face into bed. Sometimes not even making it to bed. The other day, I fell asleep on the sofa and could barely wake up enough to crawl into bed.

My Mom has been here for the week and I couldn't really take much time off to be with her. It doesn't even feel like we've had any time together at all. She brought her "grandbaby dog" Coco with her which has been interesting as the boys have never been around a dog before. Coco hasn't exactly endeared herself to my boys either. Her only frame of reference is my Pawpaw's dog, Buddy, who went to my Mom after Pawpaw passed away. Buddy is very aggressive. Coco has therefore become a bit aggressive as well as only really wants to play chase - to chase and to be chased. Cats don't chase. The first couple of days the boys hid out in my room. Schmoopie and Little Man don't really like each other, but I think have bonded in solidarity against Coco. The boys were so scared at first they just hid. Now, they are still hiding out in my room, however, when Coco goes back in there, they hiss and growl back at her - I don't want to think about where things would progress to should Mom stick around much longer.

The video I added is what I imagine my boys doing in my room - discussing ways to enact revenge on Coco.



I just finished my Business Law class last week. I have been disappointed with the courses I've been taking and haven't really felt like I've been learning anything. This last class, law, really epitomized that feeling. I was traveling pretty heavily over the entire course and didn't have a lot of time to invest in the class and so the quality of work I produced was the worst I have done thus far and yet I still got an "A". What does that say to me? That it doesn't matter what I do as long as I do "something" and I will still get an "A". Everyone in my class gets "A"s. It's so ridiculous that we are graded on what seems to be solely on participation and not quality of work. I've started Econ...can't wait until next year, I'm done in October of next year.

No comments: