Tuesday, March 13, 2007

2 months down, 20 more to go

I'm not enjoying my grad school course at the moment. I just got a preview of my next course, Management Information Systems, and now I'm not excited about that one either. When I was recruited into this program, I was told the majority of the professors were adjuncts and that we would be studying "real world" cases. Well, thus far it has been a ton of textbook reading and individual essays and worksheets. Very little in the way of case studies.

I'm going to stick it out as I did make a committment, but all this has done is bring back all the reasons why I can't stand the world of academia. I've never agreed with doing activities just simply to check the box. I had really hoped to learn something during this experience and thus far I can't say that I have.

No comments: