Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back...Yah!

I'm so excited! Tomorrow night, my friend M and I, along with every tween in the entire Midwest region are going to watch Justin Timberlake bring sexy back! It's been quite some time since I've been to a major concert. The last really big one was when I managed to get front row tickets to see Prince! Thank you New Power Generation Fan Club. :) I didn't even know I was getting front row. I knew I would get good seats because with his fan club, you get to pre-order and then you go and pick them up at the will call. I should have known they would be stellar as KC isn't exactly a huge city. But it was still really funny when I got the tickets and I'm walking back to join M and I looked at her and said, "we're on the front row", her immediate response, "shut the f#ck up". Too funny.

My SiL was irritated because I just joined Prince's fan club to get good tickets this concert only. She's a HUGE DMB fan and has been a fan club member for years and has probably seen DMB close to 20 times. She's never gotten front row. Hee!

Prince put on an amazing show. It was so cool to be so close to see exactly how high his little boot heels really are! He brought some people on stage, unfortunately, not me or M, but one girl didn't know all the words to one of his songs - so he kicked her off! Hilarious!

So on Thursday M and I are driving up to Omaha, the closest we could get to Mr. Sexy Back in our area. Especially as Chicago sold out in like 2 seconds. It's also been a while since I've been on a road trip - should be fun.

Speaking of concerts, on my SiL's blog, she did a great section on which concerts you've been to over the years. My brother's very first concert was apparently Air Supply! Hee! I'm not sure I can top that but mine was Flock of Seagulls. For a while there in the college days I was going to concerts quite a bit, every fricking palooza within the south eastern statewide area. I can't even begin to remember all of them which is sad, and not because I was in some drugged out haze either - which is even more sad! But here is my attempt:

After my foray with Flock of Seagulls, I ventured into the Hair Band realm: Tesla, Ratt, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, G&R, Cinderella, and I'm sure countless others that I can't remember in that genre. Then, it was college days of "alternative". I really did go to the first 4 Lalapalooza's. The first one being the best. Then, to a number of the festival type concerts with bands like Widespread Panic and Blues Traveler. Used a fake ID to get into a bar to see Toad the Wet Sprocket - think it was a requirement in college. REM, Depeche Mode, Sugar Cubes, some great college cover bands - dated a guitarist in one of those bands for a time...he was nice. :) Harry Connick Jr., Henry Rollins, the Beastie Boys, Lyle Lovett, the Grateful Dead - before Jerry died, Prince, Hall & Oates with Michael McDonald - it was a great concert, but now I have that stupid "I keep forgetting" song in my head, which I suppose is better than Yamo Be There. Garth Brooks, The Wreckers, Los Lonely Boys and many more that I am missing. I used to love to go see live music, now I'm just not a fan of the crowds. But thankfully in Omaha, we are staying at a hotel that is across the street from the venue - so no worries!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

THANKS for getting Ya Mo Be There in my head!!!!!