Monday, March 26, 2007

Mouse 1: Me 0

I have a mouse in my house. It always makes me feel as though I'm dirty or not a good housekeeper. I'm kind of okay with finding them in the winter - they get cold, try to find shelter, unfortunately it's my shelter, so I have to kick them out. But, finding one in the spring...nope, don't get it and don't want it.

I came home from grad class on Friday night to find my two boys going beserker in the study. I knew it had to be something, but something could have been an insect, a toy they were fighting over or worse case a rodent. At least it was a mouse - best case in terms of rodents. It could have been an icky huge RAT! Which I have had in my crawl space, a big mommy rat and her babies decided to take up residence under my bath tub and die! Merry Christmas to me - but it did lead to my major renovation projects and now I have a new loo! Woot woot for me!

So, I have no traps and am hoping that the boys catch him - that they don't eat him and that they don't decide to bring him to my bedroom to show mommy the present! I wake up the next morning to find no evidence that my cats have done their job. Slackers! Deadbeats!

I had to go to grad school class on Saturday morning and couldn't go out and buy traps until Saturday late afternoon - still no sign of Mr. Mouse. So either he wised up and moved on to another house or is living in the underbelly of my humble abode. I'm thinking the latter. I have to call the exterminator. Ugh. More money down the tubes.

I'm out this morning reading the

So the score is Mouse 1: Me 0.

No comments: