Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I have had a pretty interesting week. Well, maybe not by every one's standards, but by mine. I have some decisions to make soon that I will write about after they've been made. Not to be all Ms. Dramatic, but I'm a big believer in the power of the jinx so suffice to say, I'm sending out as many positive vibes as humanly possible for someone who is usually quite the pessimist. So, if anyone who is reading this will do the same, I'm sure the universe will thank you later for it - and I'll return the favor any time you ask.

Tangent warning: do you ever get nervous when you don't receive a lot of mail? This week, I've only gotten like 2 pieces a day...where are all my catalogs?!

I think I'm one of the only people on the planet who does not watch Grey's Anatomy. I can't get into it. I don't think McDreamy is all that dreamy nor do I feel McSteamy is steamy. And why is it that we can only have television shows that center around 3 topics: lawyers, doctors and cops? Seriously, are there no other careers out there that have drama? And now the hot variation on the theme is the forensics aspect. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Bones and CSI (only the Las Vegas version) but does every show have be going in that direction? Forensics is now one of the hottest growing fields for undergraduate studies in America.

I'm a big fan of 3 comedy shows: The Class, My Boys and The New Adventures of Old Christine. I'm very excited because TNAOC just came back with a special 1 hour or 2 1/2 hour shows last week. The Class and My Boys better be coming back for a second season.

I was also a HUGE Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, and Angel too. I just heard that Joss Whedon, show creator, came out with a new graphic novel series that picks up where Sunnydale imploded. It's too bad the show ended, but I do want to get the comic books to see where he takes them.

There is a big St. Patty's day parade in KC this weekend. It will be pretty crazy, combined with all the March Madness, the bar scene will be out of control. Not that I would really know, as I'm not a fan of crowds. It was different when I lived in NYC and you could subway or cab it everywhere, these days you're driving out there with every other yahoo who is either on their way to get drunk or is drunk. I'm so old. But I am part Irish, albeit probably a small part, but I still have my Kiss Me I'm Irish T-shirt to wear this weekend. Mwah!

No comments: