Monday, March 05, 2007

Used and Abused

I finally have an explanation as to why last week was quite possibly one of the worst weeks of 2007...there was an eclipse! I went out to run errands on Saturday, why was the entire world out doing the same thing at 3pm and why were they all on crack?!

My prediction that the members of my grad school group are completely taking advantage of me because I'm single and have no life has come true. H & J emailed me to say they couldn't make previously agreed upon meetings and just expect me to coordinate everyones schedules - uh let me just say to quote Whitney Houston, "hell to the no"! Then, C wants me to go all the way out to her house in the boonies to work with her on Sunday, which is fine as she cooks lunch and she's a great cook. But this time, she was not prepared at all for me to show up. She ended up asking me for help to write her portion of the paper! Look, I know I don't have family, but that is your decision and it shouldn't impact me! Just because I don't have 3 kids doesn't mean I should have to do the lions share of the work for the entire team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Terrorist was relatively good this past week. I was able to sleep with the door open 3 out of 5 nights. Quite the improvement. He pops up in the weirdest places. This morning I couldn't find Schoompy...I think he has a new hiding place from the Terrorist. I don't understand how he does it - hides from me. He's huge! He's 12 pounds of white fur, he doesn't exactly blend! But I looked all over the house this morning, of course with the Terrorist trailing behind, to try to find Schmoopy to no avail. Then, I finally go into the study to work and he saunters in an hour later. Still have no idea where he was.

I'm debating whether or not to get the Terrorist declawed. My vet's office made me feel incredibly guilty for even asking about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate and the reason I got the Schmoopy and his brother Fat Boy, who passed away, was because they were already declawed. I wasn't the one who did it to them. It's just that the Terrorist uses EVERYTHING as his scratching posts these days! And, he pulls himself up on my furniture with his claws - the number one issue with my bedroom. I'm afraid he's going to tear up my mattress - and frankly, if anyone is going to do that, I would like it to be me! So, I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

Kara said...

You just need to stand up for yourself and make sure that jsut because you don't have kids, doesn't mean you don't have a life and obligations. I'm glad to say that i do not do that to my friends without kids. As for the cat issue...ugh, that's why I have a dog..lol

Anonymous said...

That is precisely why group projects always suck!! Don't let them take advantage of you. Instead of being busy with hubby/kids, tell them you have an insatiable lover who insists upon sex multiple times a day so you cannot be bothered to do any more work than your own.