Saturday, March 10, 2007

7am Wake Up Call

There is an endless debate as to which pet is better, cats or dogs. I'm not going to start the debate, as I love both, but have cats as they fit my lifestyle better. But, if you do have either as a pet, there should be some sort of a test, an etiquette test before you are allowed to bring the animal home.

The techno freak neighbors have a new puppy that I've mentioned before that apparently requires no supervision and sticking him outside at all hours of the day and night in the back yard is clearly giving the dog enough attention. I've also mentioned before that our houses are quite close together. As a matter of fact, I would say that my house is literally 6 feet from their house! Last night the dog was outside at 11pm barking his little head off! And this morning I was woken up at the lovely hour of 7am by barking again! It's a freaking Saturday!

I don't let my cats roam all over God's world and back with no thought to their safety and well being. I expect people who have pets to give them more than just the basics in life of food and water. They require training and attention. If you don't have the time to invest in that, then don't freaking get one!

I know as the weather continues to get nicer, the more the damn dog will be left outside. Fine - he can play and enjoy sunning himself, but if you are sitting inside your home and your dog is barking incessently and whining to go inside - LET THE DAMN THING IN!!!

I love my little house, but it is times like this that I am tempted to sell and move out to the middle of fricking no where to get away from all people and animials. Is it too much to ask for peace and quite until at least 8am?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update on Justin Timberlake concert: it was AWESOME! Quite possibly one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Pink opened for him and I have to say, M & I were wondering if she really did have a voice as she's been on a few music awards shows and completely sucked. But her singing was pretty good - she only sang for about 40 minutes, pretty lame. She was kind of boring. Then, Justin came on - and it was so cool - Timbaland showed up!! So Justin performed for close to 2 1/2 hours, Timbaland did a 20 minute performance by himself that included a tribute to Aaliyah. We sat next to a very cute 17 year old couple. Loads of tween girls there as we predicted, but also quite a few older gals such as ourselves. We bought loads of memorabilia and of course had to wear our matching jackets for the drive home.

The drive to/from Omaha sucked. It was so boring. I thought maybe the drive back home would seem shorter...no such luck. I'm off to meet with my grad school team, should be interesting as thus far we haven't really had productive meetings. And, I'm trying to work up my fortitude to not get shafted yet again with the lions share of the work. Based upon the lovely mood I'm in now, they may be in for a big surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there is some ordinance that if an animal barks for more than 30 or 60 minutes, then you can call the police non-emergency # to report it. I think you should b/c it isn't fair to you or that poor dog. Better yet, we need to doggy nap the dog and find him a better home! (I actually know someone who did that to a dog that was continually chained up and no one ever paid attention to it, let alone unchained it, in her neighborhood. She got so tired of seeing the poor thing that she and a friend stole the dog in the middle of the night and the friend kept him.)