Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cookie Dough Cookies

I'm very strange when it comes to desserts at times. I love chocolate, but for some reason have never really liked chocolate chip cookies (with the exception of my friend MWs whose cookies I affectionately refer to as "crack" they are so good). I love the cookies, but I just like the cookie part the best, not the chocolate chip part. I know, weird. So I started baking cookies recently - what else have I got to do? My recipe is quite different from MWs. I made some chocolate chip cookies for my family when they were in town and they turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself. They are crispy on the edges and chewy in the center. But I kept trying to get the ones with only a few chocolate chips or popping the chocolate chips out. So recently I decided to make the recipe sans chocolate chips. I need a name for these cookies - the recipe is from The Joy of Cooking:

Heat oven to 375 - grease cookie sheets
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of AP flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Whisk together
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Beat until fluffy
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Add and beat with other wet ingredients until well combined
Then, stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until smooth.

This is where you are supposed to add chocolate chips and/or nuts. I have chosen not to.

Then, you just drop the dough on the sheets and bake for about 8 - 10 minutes.

I LOVE these things but need a better name for them than cookie dough cookies, although I guess that's okay. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chunky Thighs

Sans Chocolate

Damn Good!