Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Highs and Lows

This posting is going to be a bit disjointed as my thoughts are pretty scattered...please bear with me.

Tomorrow I fly out to interview at another company. Last time I did that I flew in and out in the same day and that's what I'm doing again tomorrow. Ugh. I'm hoping I don't get home at 2am again. I still haven't received my ticket information from the company...I guess if worst comes to worse, I'll show up at the counter tomorrow an hour before the flight (they at least told me the times) and see what happens. Last time I went up and back in one day I only brought a change of shoes and I was miserable going home because the flight was so delayed, etc. I'm trying to decide if I should bring sweats or something.

I start my new job on Friday. I'm pretty excited. I'm sure I'll be exhausted. I haven't worked retail since college.

5 months after my car wreck, in which the kid rear-ended me and did not have car insurance, after a court date and months of waiting, I just got my reimbursement from the kid for my deductible!!! Woo hoo!!! Couldn't have come at a better time!

I had my first home show yesterday. I wish I knew what the person and the realtor thought of my home. It's my baby. I obviously think it's a fantastic home, but no idea what others may think of it.

Did I mention that throughout all my craziness of being unemployed and putting my house on the market, I managed to still pull an "A" in statistics?!!! Statistics!!! I know! Insane! Perhaps it goes to show what a crappy program I'm in but I'm still so proud! I, solely, wrote our teams final stats paper! Now I'm marketing and after marketing I only have 3 more classes to go! They are all mostly BS type classes, I can't believe I made it through accounting, econ, finance AND stats!!! I'm so happy I'm almost done! All my remaining classes are 6 week classes and they are hopefully just going to fly by! My last class ends on October 3 and I will seriously be partying that weekend!

It's been a tumultuous two years of change. I'm tired of change and ready to move on.

No comments: