Friday, May 09, 2008

My Dogs Are Barking

Retail is a young girls game. My feet hurt so bad. I'm so NOT used to standing and running around for hours on end. My first day and I only worked 4 hours and I'm exhausted! Tomorrow I have to work for 6 hours and seriously after the first 3 today I was counting the minutes.

I find women hilarious. I had women ask me to help them with fit their bras. Now I have been measured for my fit before and I have no problem with that. But no, she wanted me to come in the dressing room and check the fit after she had it on. I mean, we all have the same parts, two eggs sunny side up, but I just felt a bit uncomfortable. I was like, how does it feel and she was like fine. I said, well, it looks good...was she expecting me to feel her up? I have no idea.

Then, I love it when people come in with something specific in mind. Do you have an avocado colored shirt made of lace? Are you HIGH?! No, I'm sorry we don't. Do you have a men's style button down shirt? No, but I'm sure the men's department in the big store on the end of the mall does. If you want a man's shirt, go buy one, we only sell women's clothes.

My favorite phrase working retail is when a customer says to you, "I'll let you...". OOooohh, you'll let me fit your bra for you? You'll let me hang up all the clothes you left on the floor? I feel so priviledged.

Anyway, in spite of my whining, I really enjoyed it. The ladies are nice and it's really just like shopping. I also get a SWEET discount right now, so even if I don't work there very long, I get like 55% off!! I'm SO taking advantage of that even if I am laid off and broke. I will get a job and I will need fun new clothes, so there!

No comments: